MEC Engineering and Construction Co. Limited
February 2011 - Present Day (6 years 3 months)
A. Pre qualification duties: Develop and review Mercury:
1. Corporate HSE policies
- Corporate HSE Policy Statement
- Occupational health policy
- Occupational safety policy
- Environmetal policy
- Injury free and incident free policy
- Personal protective equipment(ppe) policy
- Security policy
- Training policy
- Discipline policy
- Driving and seat belt policy
- Drugs and alcohol policy
- Fire protection policy
- Measurement and continuous improvement policy
- Elctronic communication policy
- Work place violence policy
- Fire arm notification policy
- Stop work policy
- Discrimination/harasment policy
- Nigeria content development policy
- Community Affairs
2. Work procedures and Specifications.
- Project Planning and Organization
- Hazard aspect analysis and risk assessment procedure
- Emergency Response procedure
- Accidents, Incidents and Near Misses Management guidelines
- Management of Hazardous Material procedure Personal Protective Equipment guideline
- Site Rules and Regulations
- Medical fitness examinations procedure
- Waste Management Procedures
- Transport and Journey Management Procedures
- HSE Orientation and Site Induction procedure
- HSE Performance Monitoring and Reporting Procedure
- Civil Works Concrete and Asphalt Work procedures
- Excavation safety guidelines
- Welding and Cutting Operations guidelines
- Work Material Handling guidelines
- Scaffolding work guidelines
- Lifting equipment testing and colour coding procedures
- Lifting Operations procedures
- Simultaneous operations (SIMOPS) procedures
- Working at height procedures
- Working on Electrical Systems procedures
- Transportation and Mechanical Equipment Safety procedures
- Working in confined space procedures
- Maintenance and use of Vehicles & Mechanical Equipments guidelines
- Work guidelines on the use of compressed gas
- Working with Portable Power Tools guidelines
- Spill Contingency Procedures
- Workplace Inspections procedures
3. HSE management system and policy commitment
- Flow Chart HSE Management progress
- Leadership and Commitment
- Plans and Programs
- Employee Ownership and Participation
- Policies and Procedures
- Occupational Health
- Contractor Safety
- Audits & Inspections
- Hazard Control
- Performance review
B. HSE Policy and procedure implementation duties
- Display employers Insurance liability certificate where every employee can
- Made sure competent persons are available to meet our HSE duties ( Right
- Carry out risk assessments and develop JSA.
- Made available basic welfare facilities, such as toilets, washing facilities and
- Carry out regular employees health and safety training
- Unavoidably Report some work-related accidents, diseases and dangerous
- Made available first aid to deal with emergency situations
- Ensuring operators of machinery have adequate licenses / authorizations
- Providing HSE advice(s) to construction supervisors and workers.
- Ensuring that requirements of PTW are fully implemented during work activities.
- Oversee Daily validation of PTW.
- Performing HSE inspections and prepare inspection reports.
- Ensuring that PPE rules are fully implemented at yard and on Sites.
- Oversee hydrological activities within operation area.
- Oversee waste/effluent management within OSC sites.
- Oversee preparation for piling activity.
- Weekly presentation of LFI (Learning from Incidents).
- Oversee Personnel Monthly PB Checks
- Oversee House Boats Maintenance Schedule/ activities at Maintenance
- Oversee personnel on electrical fittings/installations on the Site Facilities.
- Oversee Hydro Test operation.
- Visual inspection/testing of gas cutting bottles & touches used in welding
operations for leakages and isolation.
- Oversee Weekly EMP (Environmental Monitoring Plan) Reports in line with
- Oversee QA/QC Laboratory test analysis of concrete samples for field operation.
- Oversee verifications of LOTO systems
- Oversee logistics operations Onshore and Offshore.
- Draw drill scenarios and Active Emergency drills, (Fire, Medevac, Mustering
Point drill & Manover Board) & Environmental Audit.