Assistant Safety Engineer.
Setraco Nigeria Limited,Abuja.
May 2012 - Present Day (5 years 2 months)
- To draw out Control and Preventive Measures for all Setraco site and Offices with Life Camps on fire safety activities across the the country.
- Coordinating and implementation of fire safety activities as regards to protection, prevention, monitoring.
- Inspect and recommend the materials to be used for safety equipment with their proper enforcement and PPE's in all sites.
- Installation and Maintenance of Fire Fighting Equipment in Setraco Nigeria Limited.
- Analyze Safety and Health issues regarding Project Designs and Construction in all Setraco sites.
- Ensure Analysis of all Accidents reports, Statistics, Investigations and recommending ways of preventing reoccurrence in all Setraco sites.
- Ensure the formation of Safety, Health and Environmental Committees in all Setraco Sites and organizing Periodic meetings of all safety committee in Setraco
- Forming Safety, Health and Environment Inspection teams for safety health and environment Audits in all Construction Sites.
- Provide articles for Safety, Health and Environment periodicals.
- Carrying out Job safety analysis to provide safe Method of work, documenting the safe method of work and communicating it to all Setraco site Safety officers for their Sites.
- Ensure Road, Warehouse, Office Safety, and functionality of all Safety equipments at all our Construction sites.
- Ensure the creation of accident- free working environment for employees with enforcing and ensure environment protection by practicing appropriate industrial waste management
- Interpreting Safety, Health and Environment’s rules and regulations and ensuring corporate compliance in all Setraco Sites.
- Liaising with Management in planning for safety Health and Environment’s incentive schemes.
- Conducting of Tool Box meetings for workers based on their job specifications and proper induction of workers and life golden rules at work place.
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Carry out Job Safety Analysis in our operations at the heavy duty equipment workshop and supervision in our workshops.