Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
January 2009 - Present Day (8 years 5 months)
carrying out risk assessments and looking at how risks could be reduced;
- planning practical and effective solutions towards safe working practices;
- making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation;
- outlining safe operational procedures, which identify all relevant hazards and
accurately assess risks;
- carrying out accident investigations on sites and producing subsequent reports
- keeping records of inspections findings and producing reports suggesting
- keeping records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers;
- developing preventative and remedial programmes of health and safety;
- advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances,
noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases;
- ensuring the safe installation of equipment;
- attending safety committee meetings;
- Managing hazardous substances and the disposal of chemicals, e.g. asbestos.
- carrying out fire drills;
Monitor Implementation of Environmental Management/Guidelines.
Check for the availability of SHOC cards for appropriate chemicals on site and ensure that Contractor(s) comply with the use of SHOC cards for appropriate chemical on site.