1. Assist with the development, implementation and management of HSE programs, policies and procedures within the site.
2. Produce weekly & Monthly HSE reports and report to management.
3. Implement companies HSE plan for the project in line with Clients’ and project partners’ HSE plans, and provide professional HSE advice as required.
4. Interface with other HSE personnel and staff in general to achieve project HSE goal
5. Carry out HSE induction for all new staff, contractors and visitors as appropriate.
6. Coordinate / Participate in Hazard & Anomaly Control system, constantly updating records of identified and fixed.
7. Carry-out HSE skill gap & training need analysis and facilitate trainings to compensate gaps.
8. Perform and report routine HSE inspections and audits.
9. Conduct Safety moment and pep-talks before every meeting and day’s job respectively.
10. Facilitate behavioral based safety walk-around and pep-talks within workforce.
11. Conduct Activity-based Risk Assessment and Job Safe Analysis (JSA) for all HSE critical jobs and activities and produce Safe Working procedures (SOP).
12. Facilitate provision of personal protective equipment (PPE) and enforce the usage
13. Planning and facilitating site’s monthly HSE meetings
14. Incidents investigation and reporting. Also follow-up action parties on corrective actions.
15. Managing comprehensive communication effort to encourage employee involvement in company H&S program
16. Ensure compliance to all company’s HSE programs (e.g. Journey management, MEDEVAC, P-T-W, lock-out/ tag-out, PPE usage, Portable Electrical Equipment inspection stickers, positive & negative re-inforcement etc.).
17. Implement credible near-miss / incident / accidents / injuries prevention and reporting mechanism to bring incidents to zero.
18. Facilitate an effective HSE communication within the site using signage, ono-on-one tool-box-talk and correspondences.
19. Coordinate drills and emergency on site.
20. Ensure availability of all fire-fighting equipment e.g. hydrant ring main pressure, fire extinguishers, etc.
21. Conduct weekly Fire Safety audit / inspection and send report to HSE Lead and Project manager.
22. Coordinate sites emergency response team / activities and drills.
23. Record keeping of all aforementioned; relevant policies, legal and statutory requirements.
24. Supervises the implementation of project HSE requirements in accordance with client's and international Specifications.
25. Ensure compliance with Employer's HSE policies.
26. Proactive resolution of all HSE issues.
27. Recommend or advise on a continuous or regular basis needed improvements on HSE.
28. Ensure that all HSE lapses are reported and corrected as soon as identified
29. Preparation/Approval/updating of Project HSE Plans, HSE Manuals and Policies