Rollout HSE Engineer
November 2010 - Present Day (6 years 9 months)
- Conduct health and safety induction training to new workers or visitors to project site.
- Conduct Job Hazard Analysis on all site work activities.
- Instruct project personnel on safety requirements before work commences (toolbox talk).
- Instruct and assess contractors to verify their compliance with the projects HSE requirements.
- Inspect daily, site work area, work equipments and work activities to ensure safe working conditions and practice.
- Investigate, record and report cases of accidents/incidents, near misses and environmental losses.
- Issue Permit-to-work order if/when necessary.
- Conduct quality assessment and control to ensure conformance to company’s specifications and contract obligations.
- Troubleshoot on-the-spot site issues for smooth operations, including liaising with the local (host) community.
- Mobilize and manage manpower for construction and installation works.
- Supervise all Civil, Electromechanical and Radio frequency works on project site.
- Schedule all works with contractors, to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Co-ordinate Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) with government agencies to obtain permits for proposed projects.
- Ensure Safety, Environmental legislations and HSE compliances are met at site.
- Acquire sites and negotiate lease agreement with prospective landlords.
- Present weekly a work progress report with health and safety status on site to team and Rollout Manager.
Achieve zero loss time with no incidence.