Metaspec Consults Limited
July 2009 - February 2013 (3 years 8 months)
- Develop and implement health, safety and environmental policies for the company
- Advise senior managers on best HSE practices
- Liaise with relevant government agencies and ensure compliance with regulations relating to health, safety, security and environmental matters
- Interact with other company divisions as needed
- Market HSE business for the company.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to him from time to time.
- Serving as site Audit focal point and HSE Management coordinator and as primary HSE contact for HEMP
- Leading teams to successfully implement HSE projects, including development of appropriate communications and training
- Participates in safety reviews as required. Includes; Hazop, What-If, Cause and Effects reviews and assists with industrial hygiene surveys to identify and quantify occupational workplace stresses
- Serving as site HSE Audit focal point, and monitoring the health and implementation of site and departmental HSE auditing to meet requirements
- Provides safety and loss prevention information, support and mentorship to Operations personnel and other internal clients to ensure the conduct of safe and hygienic work practices.
- Monitoring closure of findings and communicate status to HSE manager, site leadership and staff as appropriate
- Assisting Council in obtaining HSE resources to carry out Council activities
- Being a resource for staff and provide guidance for HEMP activities
- Assisting in maintenance of HEMP documentation
- Enforcement actions carried out when safety rules are not adhered to
- Proper monitoring of equipment operations to ensure strict safety compliance