· -Conducting toolbox talks, weekly and monthly safety meetings for different clients .
· -Carrying out daily and periodic checks on company equipment, lifting gears, rigging and personnel activities at work site.
· -Carrying out hazard Identification and risk assessment & quantification exercise at work place
· -Participation in safety and design review in relationship with hazard & operability studies
· -Carrying out Safety trainings and induction on personnel as required.
· -Initiating modern methods in combating different forms of environmental hazards at work place, due to activities of oil and gas exploration.
· -Ensuring Minimal loss time incident (LTI) occurrence at site.
· -Providing advice on risk reduction, mitigation and safety engineering matters.
· -Implementing company’s QHSE policies so as to sustain as low as reasonably practicably, a safe and healthy working environment for the welfare of all employees and other people that could be affected by the activities of the industry.
· -Carrying out development of risk and consequence models of hydrocarbon production and processing plant.
· -Carrying out (JSA) Job safety analysis before the commencement of any operation (Heavy-lift).
· -Carrying out periodic Audit / Quality control on company facilities and equipment.
· -Maintaining effective and immediate response to any form of emergency such as man overboard, Spill incidence, fire outbreak, Medevac exercise at work place.
-Carrying out Accident / Incident prevention and investigation at site.
-Ensuring effective security management and community affairs with host communities. Etc
· Carryout plant HSE induction for new personnel, contractor, visitor, and permit to work and confined space entry (CSE) training for technical personnel.
· Safety performance monitoring and auditing.
· Accident and incident investigation and Reporting
· Assist in implementing ISO 14001-audit recommendation.
· Drafting and communication of the organizations health and safety policy.
· Prepare weekly/monthly Health and safety reports, HSE KRA statistics and summary of incident.
· Assessment of requirement for risk control.
· Create emergency response plans/drill, execute and issue report for pre incident plant reference.
· Promote and support the acquisition of resources and implement the plan for risk control measures.
· -Promote and support the continuing development of health and safety awareness.
· Promote and support compliance with and Improvement on legislative requirements including health and safety auditing and targets setting.
· Identification of organization health and safety training and development needs including the health and safety competence of individuals.
· Contribute to and keep pace with advances in health and safety environment.
· Prepare and present demonstration, information and provide advice to support training related to health, safety and environment.
· Attends all site planning, progress and other appropriate site meeting.
· Carryout safety inspection, and control of safety equipments functionality,
· Review the contractor safety performance by inspection and by acquiring data in order to provide means to improve
· Overall HSE standards,
· Ensure strict compliance with the development project safety requirement.
· Ensure the adequate training of personnel operating on site.
· Investigate all safety incidents and accidents and issue prompt report.
· Ensure emergency preparedness, including ready-to-go condition of fire trucks, ambulance, etc.
· Attend HSE meetings and proceeded as instructed etc. The project ended successfully.
Project Handle: Turn around Maintainace and Rehabilitation of the Warri Refineryl Plant.
-Position Held: -HSE Supervisor; involved in the safety inspection of the turn around maintenance of the Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Plant Ekpan – Warri, carryout safety evaluation of welding jobs, preparation of work permit, Recording of site activities in safety log book among other and the end of the project there were no lost time injury, no fatal accident, unsafe act and unsafe condition were recorded and corrective action were also introduce. Project safety target was achieved
Supervise all safety activities during the construction of the Warri Refinery and Petrochemical Company wastewater plant. During the project I ensure Company comply with the Government set down rules and regulation in the area of operation, act an advisory role to management and employee, control of safety meetings, preparation of Safety report / statistics, ensure all jobs has a working permits, employee safety training among others, at the end of the project, no major accident was recorded there was no fatality, one workday case was recorded and the project was completed successfully.
Recording Rig safety statistics/report
Reporting to the Drilling Manager for all HSE matters
Handle auditing and safety inspection respectively
Co-ordinate and develop health, safety and environmental activities and identify HSE training needs in Company and Contractors personnel
Regularly monitor and audit performance of HSE systems at the well site
Review of Drilling Contractors HSE MS
Identify key areas of impact/concern and provide remedies.
Ensuring compliance to HSE – mgt systems, update and review to soot locations.
Planning for oil Spill Contingency, Hazard and clean up exercise.
Mapping out modules for trainings, conduct inspections, drills, Audits
Participate in Toolbox, Weekly and Monthly Safety Meeting
Ensure PPE/Safety Compliance in drilling operation of the land rig i.e. rig1 and rig 24 respectively, carryout investigation in case of any accident /incident or near miss. Motivate employee to work safety by recommending quarterly award/ safety incentive scheme, during the cost of working with the company, the rigs experience one year (365 days) without lost time injury to any worker and award was given to every employee for great achievement
Certified HSE Professional (OSH), NEBOSH, IOSH, NISP. ISO 14001:2004 (EMS) Lead Auditor.
Safety Committee Training / Certificate (1993) from Schlumberger (Sedco forex) Aberdeen drilling school and well head control Scotland.
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Certificate obtains from schlumberger sedco forex training school Warri, delta state of Nigeria. (1992)
Supervising Safety Training Certificate obtain from SPDC safety Training School Warri, delta state Nigeria (1994)