Head, Administration/Human Resources
Haviah Merchants Nigeria Limited
February 2008 - Present Day (9 years 6 months)
- Development of a vibrant human resources and administration department and putting in place necessary framework and structures for a robust administration and management.
- Development and implementation of human resources and administrative initiatives that influence the organization’s performance and productivity in the market place. Propose solutions that enable achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives through the intellectual capital component, structures and systems of the business.
- Development and implementation of administrative and human resources imperatives through enabling, engendering, extending, enriching and enacting strategies to ensure that the organization has a workforce capable of carrying out its vision and mission.
- Review, develop and implement administrative and human resources policies, procedures, processes, products and systems to integrate and align these with legislations, and/or organizational strategy and business requirements to ensure delivery of optimum services to all stakeholders.
- Identify key trends in the operational areas, their challenges and implications on the administrative and human resources function and make appropriate recommendations to ensure organizational alignment.
- Gather, analyse and interpret administrative and human resources information and make recommendations that support and promote informed decision-making.
- Key contributor to workforce management by actively engaging with management to ensure the continuation of a competent workforce that adds value to the organization through acquisition, development, motivation, retention and separation.
- Analyse, plan, monitor and apply the performance management system within portfolio groups to meet the organization’s business objectives and build a high performance culture.
- Function as a change agent for implementing administrative and human resources initiatives and interventions to promote organization-wide buy-in, acceptance and consistent application.
- Coordination of staff welfare matters – leave, medical facilities, pension matters, etc.
- Responsibility for the management of grievances, discipline and disputes to promote a value- adding workforce and an enabling and stable work environment.
- Provide training to managers and staff on administrative and human resources specific policies, processes, systems and products to ensure common understanding and consistent application throughout the organisation and organising appropriate learning and development interventions for the acquisition of latest skills and competencies.
- Lead administrative and human resources macro projects and/or sub-projects, using appropriate project management methodology to ensure that projects are executed and delivered on time, within budgets and in line with agreed quality measures.
- Responsibility for administrative issues such as insurance policies, courier, permits, vehicle particulars, filing and retrieval of documents, archive and library, etc.
- Good negotiation skills thereby ensuring best services at reasonable prices.
- Sound financial and accounting knowledge and experience for prudent management of resources and preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets for various purposes.
- Putting in place good internet, intranet and telephone facilities for up-to-date information around the world at all times and effective communications.
- Putting in place good maintenance programme for all assets – motor vehicles, equipment, furniture and fitting, building, premises, etc to ensure longevity and good office ambience.
- Processing of permits - work & residential and other expatriate documentations.
- Responsibility for all business proposals, pre-qualifications, tenders/bids and procurement matters in accordance with the Public Procurement Act 2007.
- Identification of various business leads from various sources and putting up appropriate responses.
- Liaison with the sales & marketing team for a synergy in respect of meeting organizational goals and objectives.
- Responsibility for all protocol matters, travel arrangements, security, etc.
- Any other assigned duties.