Head- Supply Chain
Afrobeverages and Distillers Limited
February 2014 - Present Day (3 years 2 months)
• Establish and implement the Company’s procurement policies and lead setups that ensure right structures, process and systems in other to deliver business objectives.
• Buying competitively (by keeping abreast of the forces of supply and demand that regulate prices and availability of materials) and wisely (constant search for better values that yield the best combination of price, quality and service.
• Establish procurement strategy and sourcing strategy for different spend categories -capital goods, raw and packaging materials & engineering spares parts, consumables, IT hardware as well as all Service Contracts with the different third-parties providers such as Marketing agencies, Logistics TPL, Maintenance companies etc.
• Design and Implement a material planning and replenishment model for procurement of raw and packaging materials, Maintenance, Repair and Operating Materials (MRO) and Spare parts ordering.
• Ensure all Stock levels are maintained at minimum agreed/contractual volumes
• Proactively identify opportunities to increase sales effectiveness. Support continuous improvement of sales processes.
• Work closely with sales management to inspect the quality of sales processes and priorities opportunities for improvement.
• Assist sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
• Analyze performance to budget, sales performance to target and investigate and highlight deviations from expected performance levels.
• Develop and manage the Demand Planning function to generate accurate forecasts and ensure coordination between the Planning, Sales and the Distribution teams to ensure prompt adequate stocks and deliveries.
• In charge for the achievement of key performance indicators in the field of supply chain costs, delivery dates and quality.
• National distribution of company finished goods at company depots, High street, Supermarkets
• Manage transport operations for the Group, tracking performance of 3PL service providers,
• Transport/Route planning delivering optimum customer service at a cheap cost without impacting quality.
• Review all existing SOP and implementing best practices with emphasis on quality, service and cost efficiency improvement.
• Ensure that all SH&E standards are strictly adhered to as per GMP best practices.
• Oversees the Import & Clearance activities and ensure efficient customs clearance including proper shipping documentation and scrutiny of service providers and freight forwarders for effective cost control.