Logistic/Customer Service Officer
Panalpina World Transport Nig. Ltd.
September 2002 - October 2008 (6 years 2 months)
- Ensuring proper documentation and procedures were maintained in accordance with prevailing standards:
Prepared and reviewed Import Proforma Invoices for form M processing
Made sure the right tariffs were used for imports.
Prepared and reviewed form C-16 for import shipments.
Made sure document and shipment for export meets importing country’s regulations
- Maintaining compliance measurements for import operation:
Processing Permits with appropriate agencies on behalf of Client: Standard Organization of Nigeria Conformity
Assessment Programme (SONCAP), National Agency for food drug administration and control (NAFDAC)
- Auditing Import/Export files prior to mailing invoices to Customers.
- Making sure all documents were logged:
Verifying all documents were in the appropriate files before archiving
Making sure electronic copy of documents were made to enable easy access
- Ensuring cargo is processed through Customs timely and accurately:
Establishing and maintaining overall shipment delivery status report, highlighting any potential delays to Customer and proffering solution
Risk assessment Report (RAR) follow up and calculating duties based on RAR and payment with appropriate bank
- Providing support for field Operations.
- Booking necessary vessels for the export of shipment.
- Providing best haulage for cargo within and outside city limits.
- Assisting and answering customer inquiries and other related customer service functions.
- Identifying possible delays and proffering solution and also resolving known problems/issues.
- Providing shipping instructions to customer’s origin station before cargo was shipped.
- Making sure appropriate tariffs were used in third party bills (SAFMARINE, MAERSKLINE, ETC) before processing for payment.
- Ensuring computation and validation of Customs duties on all imports.