Assistant Front Office Manager
Nicon Hotel & Apartment, VGC, Lekki, Lagos
December 2007 - January 2009 (1 year 2 months)
- Ensure efficient guest registration, check in, check out and telephone service.
- Observe front desk agents, reservation agents as well as telephone operators and ensure that established procedures are completed in accordance with policy and procedure i.e. proper public relations techniques are utilized, guests are handled both courteously an professionally, proper identification and credit are established for all transactions.
- Assists Front Office Agents in satisfying guest requests and ensuring prompt satisfaction.
- Assist in training new employee and directing all Front Office team members.
- Ensure exceptional levels of guest service are being provided.
- Ensure all Front Office and reservation quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Responsible for monitoring of daily rooms inventory status, rate and plan availability to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Review currents day’s expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pr-registered, blocked properly and other departments are notified of room assignment.
- Supervise the activities and the service levels of the concierge and porters.
- On occasions act as the Manager on Duty for the hotel during shifts and handle internal and external issues as a representative of all departments in the absence of the Front Office Manager.