HSE SYSTEMS COORDINATOR
BEACH INVESTMENT COMPANY
August 2008 - Present Day (8 years 9 months)
- Plans, manages and coordinates safety trainings and workshops for members of the company in order to keep them abreast of latest development in HSE.
- Provides conceptual and detailed statistical representations on the various HSE key performance indicators e.g. LTI, Near misses, LWC etc.
- Develops contract HSE plans in conjunction with the HSE advisor, for the safe execution of projects.
- Develops new ways of treating Safety Coveralls to make them both fire-retardant and heat – retardant to make them conform both to ISO and also, the promotion of the Local Content Act.
- Conducts safety trainings, workshops externally to clients and also, carries out a comprehensive Safety Audit and advice as so desired of clients workplace.
- Provides HSE advice and support to project management team, contractor(s) and vendors throughout the project life cycle.
- Assist the contractors and vendors in meeting the HSE requirements as well as the specific project and corporate safety goals/objectives. Monitor HSE performance against same.
- Ensure during all stages of the project that the project conforms to the applicable HSE legislation, Project Management System and best practices.
- Act as Principal HSE Assurance authority for projects.
- Monitor HSE consultants to ensure the correct understanding of their work scopes and their timely and satisfactory completion.
Closely monitor contractors and suppliers to ensure compliance with HSE contractual requirements.