General Manager/ Head, Human Resources
Hotel 1960 Ltd /1960 Eagles Park
November 2008 - March 2009 (5 months)
- Providing overall leadership, guidance, and direction to the hotel management team.
- Responsible for planning and organising accommodation, catering and other hotel services.
- Analyzing sales figures and setting business targets.
- Ensuring that guests enjoy good customer service.
- Promoting and marketing the business.
- Managing budgets, financial plans and controlling expenditure.
- Maintaining statistical and financial records.
- Collaborating with Human Resources Department in recruiting, training and monitoring staff.
- Planning work schedules for individuals and teams.
- Meeting and greeting customers; answering their questions, making them feel at home and building on-going relationship.
- Dealing with customers’ complaints and comments.
- Addressing problems and troubleshooting.
- Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly.
- Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings.
- Dealing with contractors and suppliers.
- Ensuring security is effective.
- Carrying out inspections of property and services.
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Identifying staff actions and evaluating it to meet hotel’s standard.