Customer Services Officer
Zenith Bank Plc
September 2006 - September 2011 (5 years 1 month)
- Responsible for dealing with customer enquiries on a daily basis such as assisting in opening of accounts and processing of references and referrals, issuing of cheque books and ATM cards, dealing with any ad-hoc queries.
- Responsible for keping customers up to date on any changes with the banks policies and procedures
- Responsible for drafting customer service reports for presentation at weekly meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring proper and adequate documentation for account opening packages before the opening of new client accounts.
- Actively participated in the maintainenance of customer records and data. Properly filling documents and ensuring customer data protection.
- Project planned and managed the implementation of new Know Your Customer input exercise by the Central Bank of Nigeria within the unit at the bank branch.
- Effeciently managed a portfolio of over 3,000 clients through ensuring proper documentation and data protection guidelines.
- Responsible for maintaining high customer delivery standards and team motivation, which was achieved through proper allocation of workload within the team, effective delegation and job swapping within the team resulting in optimum capacity utilization.
- Mentored and coached staff on customer service functions within the bank coupled with leadership skills within the unit through consistent training.
- Engaged in communication with senior management on both customer and team challenges and provided solutions for resolving/minimizing team differences and improving customer satisfaction.
- Innovatively improved customer service delivery at the branch through co-creation of improved value chain services with both team members and customers.
- Provided advisory services to clients of the bank on various bank products and suitable financial services to suit their peculiar needs.
- Expertly directed the compilation and postage of monthly client statements.
- Participated in the creation of various internal control procedures, checks and balances to ensure the integrity of the system.