Administrative Assistant / Human Resource Officer
Akotex Group of Companies Ltd Abuja
November 2008 - January 2012 (3 years 3 months)
- Ensure proper correspondence between the company and business associates
- Ensure effective inventory, keeping and handling all materials for the Managing Director
- Take care of logistics as it affects the office of the Managing Director
- Ensure the smooth running of operations as assigned by the managing Director.
- Hold and Attend Proxy Meetings in the absence of the Managing Director.
- Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments for the MD.
- Dealing with incoming calls, email, and post, often corresponding on behalf of their MD
- Taking dictation and minutes of meetings for the Managing Director.
- Ensure organizational policy implementation
- Sales team management
Human Resource Role
- Conducted a research on the causes for staff absences and general misdemeanor.
- Maintains a personnel record keeping system.
- Handle personnel position control, leave records service awards and worker’s compensation.
- Insuring that established procedures are followed and that job standards are job related.
- Monitor daily attendance.
- Settle Employee dispute and advice on disciplinary issues.
- Provide basic counseling to staff that have performance related obstacles.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
- Resources, scheduling training and coordinating all administrative details.