· Formulate corporate strategies, policies and monitor performance to ensure that corporate mission and goals are achieved.
· Carry out routine diagnostic study of our organization and advice on the best H R Policies and procedures that will be fully integrated with our business strategies
· Coordinate all aspect of employee resourcing through effective manpower planning, recruitment, selection, placement and introduction to the organization.
· Coordinate in-house training i.e. orientation/induction training, refresher courses, etc
· Manage employee and community relations through effective communication and initiation of strategies that engender involvement and commitment, while minimizing conflicts
· Initiate knowledge management processes to engender a learning organization and knowledge sharing.
· Carry out skill gap analysis in alliance with functional managers, and initiate and monitor training programmers to bridge the identified gap.
· Plan and direct H R Management, performance and career management processes and programmers designed to improve individual and organizational effectiveness, and to give employees the best opportunities to develop their abilities and careers for organizations.
· Process staff daily meal subsidy for management’s approval and payment on monthly basis
· Develop reward management systems, policies and processes which are internally equitable and externally competitive in order to attract, retain and motivate employees.
· Advice Executive Management on HR processes and policies that are consistent with professional core values of fairness, equal opportunity and work life balance.
· Supervise Labour Service Providers to ensure adherence to service level agreement.
· Prepare weekly and monthly HR report for the General Manager for onward transmission to Executive management
· Initiate operational, procedures and human factor competitive strategies for the CEO
· Study/analyze and review proposals from Divisional/Functional Heads and Regional Managers, and advise CEO on rationally objective and strategic decisions that enhance our competitive advantage.
· Liaise with the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser in drawing up Agenda for Management and or Board Meeting.
· Interface with the HR and Training Managers to streamline manpower gap/need & deployment, training gap/need, H R data update and other employee issues, and advice the CEO accordingly.
· Interface between the HR Department and Labour Unions to ensure that staff grievance and conflict issues are resolved and this engendered a peaceful Union/Management relationship
· Carry out daily operations inspection, review daily operations reports from all our Airports/Stations, vis-à-vis our service level agreements with client Airlines, initiate corrective actions on operational/service level anomalies and report back to the CEO
· Liaise with the Commercial and Business Development Division for research on market share, costing, pricing and proposals/negotiations with existing and prospective clients.
· Conducts in-house operational safety and quality audits in collaboration with our Safety/Quality Assurance Unit, and recommend appropriate corrections for our Operations.
· Review daily serviceability reports on our Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in the Network, closely monitor repairs on defective equipment to reduce their downtime and report back to the CEO
· Write letters prepare proposals, presentations, reports and speeches for the CEO
· Manage staff in the CEO’s Secretariat.
· Manage the CEO’s diary, appointments, meetings, travel and logistics
· Represent the CEO in industry functions.
· Monitor and ensure compliance of the Human Capital Development Policies of the company
· Liaise with Consultants for staff training.
· Study/analyze training proposals and make appropriate recommendations.
· Study/analyze training reports and make appropriate recommendations.
· Liaise with functional managers to ascertain staff skill gaps, to determine their training
· Collate date/inputs from functional Heads and departments to generate company’s training budget.
· Liaise with our foreign trainers to facilitate staff training, registration, travel and logistics and forward documentations to our Protocol Unit for visa, travel and other logistic issues.
· Generate data on employee training and certifications as may be required by existing
clients, prospective clients, regulatory authorities and Training Inspectors/Auditors.
· Coordinate in-house training i.e. orientation/induction training, refresher courses, etc.
·Monitor and ensure compliance of the Human Resource/ Administration Policies of the company
·Interpret and implement government and company policies on personnel recruitment, training,
promotion, welfare and discipline etc
·Coordinate collation and analyzes of staff data for management information and decision
·Study and analyze appraisal reports to determine appropriate training, placement, compensation and counseling etc.
·Study and analyze training proposals and reports from training consultants’, and make recommendations to management through my manager
·Liaise with our foreign training partners on staff training registrations, travel and logistics, and forwarding documentations to the chief protocol officer for visa procurement/other logistic matters
·Compare and analyze departmental human resource requirements for management’s decision through the H R Manager
·Preside over and coordinate recruitment interview panels for junior and intermediate officers
·Acts as Secretary in Departmental disciplinary committee sittings and represents the HR Manager in the company’s central disciplinary committee sitting
·Prepare Committee’s report to management through the H R Manager
·Represents my manager in union/workers meeting and report to Management through him.
· Execute the H.R and administrative policies of the company.
· Interpret and implement government and company policies on staff recruitment, training, promotion , welfare, discipline etc
· Collate and analyze staff data for management decision
· Study and analyze appraisal reports to determine appropriate training , compensation and counseling etc
· Handle protocol and travel matters for management and other staff / official trips
· Liaise with foreign training organizations for staff training, travel, logistic and immigration matters arising there from.
· Act as secretary to departmental disciplinary committee and prepare committees report to management through the H R Manager.
I have also acquired a professional Diploma in Human Resource Management from Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPMN) in 2008