GMATHS NIGERIA LIMITED, as an organisation that just commenced operations in the construction industry, my key responsibilities were:
1. Development of a human resource policy.
2. Designing and putting out an advert for the recruitment of different categories of construction, administrative and accounting staff.
3. Screening of application letters and resumes.
4. Conducting of interviews for applicants.
5. Organising orientation for new employees.
6. Training administrative staff with modern Human Resource principles.
My key responsibilities were:
1. Put out adverts for recruitment of new staff, whenever the need arises.
2. Screen applications and curriculum vitae of applicants.
3. Set a machinery for the monitoring, supervision and periodic evaluation of staff.
4. Create and maintain both hard and soft staff data profile.
5. Maintain records of staff pensions / insurance , medical, leave, training, etc.
6. Advice management on best human resource practice.
7. Counsel staff who are on their way out, whether positively or negatively.
8. Manage the profile of some foreign employees with the Nigerian Immigration Services.
9. Serve as the major interface with the publics of the organisation.
10. Manage conflicts amongst staff as well as between staff and management.
My responsibilities were: assisting the Manager in achieving the personnel functions of the organisation.
This implies that some of all the functions of the Manager were performed by me from time to time.