Recruitment & Retention: managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activities and campaigns.
Reward: advise and support employees on company benefits.
Ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law. Ensure line managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
My strategic responsibilities include, among other things, the following:
Lead and direct the Human Resources team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business.
Employee Relations: managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances, sickness etc. Measure employee satisfaction and identify areas that require improvement.
Performance Management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes.
Learning & Development: providing guidance on development for managers and their teams.
Training: implementing the training and development agenda; identifying areas that need attention and improvement.
Working with line managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues.
Deal with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge evidencing appropriate decision making skills
Crafting of business and people solutions.
Managing priorities between casework and projects.
Managing HR budgets
An active member of the Executive Management team.
Isalu Hospitals Limited (health care service provider Company) 2009 - Date
HR & Compliance Manager
Resourcing Manager, Employee Relation Officer, Administration Officer and Performance Mgt Officer
· Recruitment Management: Analyse jobs, placement of adverts for vacant positions, sifting of CVs, schedule interviews, drafting and offering Contract of employment.
· Performance Management: Review, distributes & collate appraisal forms, Prepares appraisal summary report for Management consideration.
· Staff Grievances: Manage staff grievances through counselling, coaching and report high profile cases to Staff Matters Committee (SMC) for deliberations.
· Absence Management: Scrutinize attendance register, issue queries, counsel absentees in order to reshape their behaviours to maintaining punctuality.
· Payroll Administration: Prepare payroll,ensure staff remuneration details are up to date, ensure accuracy of salaries and other benefits at all times, and issue Payslips to staff.
· Remuneration Review: Review remunerations and benefits according to industry standard.
· Staff Welfare: Attend to welfare of staff with regard to Births, Wedding and Bereavement.
· Staff Loans & Advances: Prepare staff loans and advances for management’s approval; manage repayments and proper documentation of all requests.
· Training & Development: Analyse training needs, identify necessary training institutes, prepare training budget and calendar; notify staff on training programmes and process training fees.
· Induction/Orientation: Induct newly recruited staff and align them with the company’s business, work ethics, culture, operating philosophy and core values.
· HR Operational Policies Review: Periodic review of HR Policies & Standard Operational Procedures.
WORK ALSO PERFORMED IN SWEET SENSATION CONFECTIONERY
HR & Admin Officer
Human Capital Unit
· Supervise the purchase and supply of office equipment.
· Attend to contractors and monitor quality service delivery.
· Negotiates quotations and invoices.
· Review payment to contractors.
· Ensure company motor vehicles are maintained/serviced as and when due.