Shipping & Logistics Manager
Sigmakalon Nigeria Limited
February 2009 - December 2010 (1 year 11 months)
- Prepare and carry out semi monthly and monthly inventory of stock (finished and raw materials for paint).
- Provide information on stock position to sales team, accounts and others interested.
- Update stock recorded in the warehouse, avoid over stock situation in the warehouse, prepare stock and sales report and monthly performance report.
- Monitor, maintain & communicate stock levels to all concern and also ensuring that the right stocks are in the right place at the right time.
- Manage and optimize the entire PROCUREMENT & SUPPLY CHAIN PROCESS from demand planning / preparing PURCHASE ORDER to product supply/delivery & preparing SALES ORDER, ensure importation of all purchase orders and delivery to our customers and also source for suppliers to meet orders from customer and effect delivery.
- Preparation and processing of IMPORT & EXPORT documents for Air & Sea Shipments (Form “M”,Packing List, RAR, Profoma Invoice and CCVO/ Form C).
- Prepare sales documents like Purchase Order, Commercial Invoice and logistics documents like Way bill/ Prove of Delivery & Warehouse Transfer.
- Arrange and ensure all in bound transport (within Nigeria) and out bound transport (West African Countries – Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, and Benin Republic etc.) by road.
- Maintain companywide accessible shipping & inventory database. Supervise the activities of foreign / local clearing and forwarding agents.
- Liaise effectively with government agencies (Nigerian Customs, SON, NAFDAC etc) in the bid to secure relevant permits and approvals for import and exports functions.
- Manage I have knowledge of application of Letter of Credit (L/C) and Bill for Collection. Contact with customers on SALES related issues & any other tasks assigned by my hierarchy. Work closely with SUPPLIER and CUSTOMERS to improve operations and reduce cost.