IT - Network Support Officer
PZ Cussons Nigeria PLC
March 2011 - Present Day (6 years 3 months)
- Development and administration of LAN.
- Installs local area networks including network servers, hubs, routers, workstations, printers, and other peripheral devices.
- Operate and maintain local area networks, track significant problems, monitor performance, and perform upgrades to hardware as required.
- Install or modify existing installations of networked computer hardware, software, and other components.
- Assists in developing and providing training to building level faculty and staff in the proper operation of the local area network.
- Ensuring and maintaining a stable, secure, and robust network infrastructure.
- Maintain and support the network infrastructure to support all forms of data communication.
- Manage Cisco Router, Switches and 3Com hubs configuration for LAN interface.
- Ensuring day-to-day running of Network Services to meet 99.9% availability using the following network monitoring & analysis software –Look@LAN, Whatsup Gold (ver8) and PRTG network monitoring software.
- Report generation on network availability.
- Configuration of Avaya phone via PoE enabled switch or PoE adapter.
- Setting up of Avaya Polycom device for Teleconferencing.
- Quarterly Preventive Maintenance on the equipments.
- Supervising outside Contractors.