Credit control officer
Royal Exchange Assurance Plc
June 1996 - September 2006 (10 years 4 months)
- Agency accounts maintenance.
- Report generation – Statement of account, Cash collection, and Agency outstanding report for management.
- Change of agency on policy.
- Joint reconciliation of agency account.
- Payment involving co-insurance premium.
- Confirmations – Premium position for claims payment, Verification of return premium & over payment voucher, Verification of co- insurance voucher.
- Outstanding premium collection drive.
- Outstanding debit note request.
- Agency account maintenance & creation.
Client Accounts Management
- Transfer of outstanding premium collected to Production Account.
- Maintenance and updating of client’s statement of account.
- Confirming adequate calculation of discount, commission & value added tax.
- Maintaining and ensuring proper accounting on credit’s ledger.
- Reconciliation and collection of outstanding premium.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly premium collection report to the management.
- Confirmation of all cash and Cheque requests and payment of such.
- Payment of Board and management staff allowances.
- Carried out periodic check on client account to ensure correct and valid account are being debited / credited and where errors/ queries arise, Journal voucher is prepared to effect correction.
- Preparation of Contractors Payment Schedules and Cheques.
- Ensured that errors resulting from receipt posting were corrected immediately and within the shortest possible time.
Operating Expense Administration
- Preparation and maintenance of Imprest system for the branch.
- Purchasing of Stationeries, Furniture’s & Equipments.
- Preparation of Journal and Ledger account for both income and operation expenses.
- Adequately reviewed General ledger accounts for OPEX, in ascertaining validity of transactions, and in the event of any posting error, timely correcting Journal vouchers were prepared.
Agency Commission Management
- Computation and Preparation of Agency commission.
- Computation and Preparation of Agency Over-riding commission.
- Issue of statement of account to client.
- Preparation of Cashbook and Reconciliation Statement of Various Accounts.
- Use of Insurance Accounting Package – Royal 2000 System (X).
- Preparation of Weekly and Monthly Sales collection Report to the management.