Internal Control Manager
Consolidated Breweries Plc
December 2012 - Present Day (4 years 8 months)
Responsible for the overall internal audit programmes of the organisation, and operating independently of other departments. This position reports to the Group Internal Controller, Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, administers the Audit Policy, and coordinates the activities of the organisation’s external auditors. Other related duties as performed to meet ongoing needs of the organisation includes:
- Accountable for the development and coordination of the company’s internal auditing activities.
- Develop and implement internal auditing policies, procedures, and program.
- Review of accounting procedures.
- Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations, and adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
- Supervise or conduct independent audits of company’s records and activities, and prepare varied analyses of the departments, and depots for management.
- Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the company’s internal controls over financial reporting.
- Investigate and determine causes of irregularities, and errors.
- Recommend corrective action and suggest improvement.
- Advise top management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on audit, and internal control matters.
Manage subordinate employees in the auditing department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performances; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws.