AB Microfinance bank, Nigeria
September 2010 - August 2012 (2 years 1 month)
Responsible for ensuring internal and external audit requirements are fulfilled and that appropriate enhancements are implemented to improve the effectiveness of risk management control, governance process as well as the running of the bank.
- Reviewing and verifying records, and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Evaluating information security and associated risk exposures.
- Evaluating regulatory compliance program.
- Evaluating and providing reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and enable the organisation’s objectives and goals to be met.
- Reporting risk management issues and internal control deficiencies identifies directly to the audit committee and provides recommendations for improving the organization’s operations and performance.
- Provides support to the company’s anti fraud programs by collecting and analyzing data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort/fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and in management policies.
- Ensure the planning, execution and reporting on internal audit reviews of business units, processes and other identified areas of risk exposure across the bank.
- Ensure the delivery of the internal Audit Plan and any ad-hoc reviews requested by Management.
All duties above were performed excellently.