Logistics and Administration
March 2009 - Present Day (8 years 3 months)
- Retail Operations: Negotiating thru-put for imported products with Total PLC, Swift Oil, Eterna PLC. Set retail price on PMS and AGO based on market trends and PLATT. Supervising PMS retail operations from point of discharge till sales. Monitoring merchandising at specified depots. Interacting with clients and assisting them to enhance loyalty and customer retention.
- Key Account Management/ Business Development: Identified prospective clients and profitable business. Building and maintaining healthy business relations with major clientele, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction by achieving delivery & quality norms. Application and renewals of all permits and certifications to run as an oil and gas service and import organization. Successful application and registration for vendor selection processes with oil and gas marketers.
- Process and Planning: Formulating business strategy and ensuring utilization of resources for the achievement of business objectives. Establishing corporate goals with short term and long term budgets. Developing business processes for the achievement of these goals.
- Project Management, procurement, vendor selection, minor and major negotiations with third party (Government/supplier/customer etc).
- Team Management: Monitoring and working with team members to ensure efficiency in operations and meeting of individual & group/subs targets.
- Identify opportunities for strategic relationships; analyze and develop recommendations for potential partners;
- Leverage the web as an open source intelligence tool to identify new strategic partnership opportunities.
- Document and regularly update market knowledge and information in a standard format and store in database readily accessible
- Assist in developing and managing project plans, budgets, and timelines
- Assist in determining and securing resources
- identify interdependencies for all projects and facilitate communication among task groups
- Gather, analyze, translates and deliver information in clear, concise and meaningful formats based on specific requirements and according to established project management corporate standards
- Set daily sales target of 2 million liters of petroleum products
- Met total sales target of 100,000 metric tons for 2011
- Negotiated transfer of asset, generating over N100Million for the company in 2011
- Initiated, developed and implemented a “sales process” for a subsidiary company (AXEnergy Limited)
- Timely renewal of all permits
- Identifying organizations for vendor registration and applications.
- Created daily income report to automatically reconcile customer payments and quantity sold at the depots.
Organisation Strategy and Projects
Recruited to help open new company branch in Ibadan, guiding the startup and management of a full spectrum of HR operations, systems and programs. Worked with senior management to create HR policies and procedures; recruit employees; create group benefits databases; and develop orientation, training and incentive programs. Manage maternity leave programs and personnel records; administer benefits enrollment and programs; administer HR budget; and handle HR generalist workplace issues. Resolved conflicts between employees and insurance carriers and performed exit interviews.
- Played a key role in ensuring the successful launch of Ibadan office. Structured and implemented programs and policies in the areas of training, compensation structures, benefits packages, incentives and new-employee orientation.
- Fostered a teamwork/open-door environment conducive to positive dialogue across the organization. Personal efforts were cited as the driving force behind branch’s employee-retention rate of 89% within an industry where high turnover is the norm.
- Negotiated approximately 20 salary offers, sign-on bonuses and sharing profit packages annually at both the exempt and non-exempt level.
- Introduced and implemented workers’ compensation program into full compliance. Instituted preferred providers list and trained managers and associates on procedures to follow in case of injury.
- Reduced benefits costs by 15% annually through meticulous recordkeeping and ensuring that company did not pay for benefits for which employees were ineligible.
- Wrote employee manual covering issues including disciplinary procedures, code of conduct, FMLA policy and benefits information.
- Introduced company’s first formal performance review program, creating a flexible and well-received tool that was later adopted company-wide.
- Revised job descriptions across all levels. “Shadowed” and interviewed employees to construct an accurate picture of the duties and skills required for each position.
- Trained 5 member team on interviewing techniques and best practices that contributed to sound hiring decisions