Legal & Compliance Analyst
April 2012 - Present Day (5 years 1 month)
Purpose of the job
- To provide adequate and effective back up for the portfolio manager in the area of research/information gathering, transaction documentation and liaising with relationship managers/accounts officer in third party institutions
2. Key areas of Responsibility
1. Regulatory & Compliance
- Prepare report on Land appraisal and acquisition, while ensuring that searches at the various lands registries have been conducted.
- Secure approval for building permits for Group’s projects and ensure company’s is in compliance with all property development regulations (i.e. such as securing building permits).
- Secure vacant possession of lands for business and project development.
- Collate the necessary data for property development (such as Environmental Impact Assessment (E.I.A), Environmental Management Plan (E.M.P), Transport Impact Analysis (T.I.A), Complete Drawings, Programme of works schedule, soil investigation report etc) to secure approvals, permits licenses, bids and contracts.
- Ensure Payments of all rates, government taxes and levies.
- Conduct due diligence on properties for lease or sale by arranging for title searches to determine whether clients have clear property titles for third party contracts.
- Management of all licenses and permits requirements for the Group from Federal, state and local governments.
- Ensure that the relevant titles and certificates are issued to clients.
- Preparation, review and safe keeping of all contracts and bonds with regard to all real estate transactions.
- Preparation, review and safe keeping of all contracts and bonds with regard property development and construction.
- Preparation, review and safe keeping of all property transaction contracts with regard to sale, lease and facility services.
- Preparation, review and safe keeping of all maintenance contracts with regard to private and public joint ventures and partnerships.
- Ensure all contracts and agreements with regard to joint ventures/partnerships are in order.
- Act as secretary for Management Committee (held monthly) such Sending out notices for the sessions and Taking minutes at the sessions
- Act as secretary for Business Review Sessions (held quarterly) such Sending out notices for the sessions and Taking minutes at the sessions.
- Act as secretary for all Business transaction meetings for the Group.
4. Research & Report
- Prepare Market and Risk Analysis and assessment of market opportunities report daily;
- Review daily magazine, newspapers and journals for relevant information with regard to real estate.
- Preparation of weekly activity report for unit and collation for the Division.
- Preparation of Monthly activity report, together with special reports.
- Conduct, Collate and Prepare of quarterly survey report on Real Estate and Hospitality Industry,
- Prepare quarterly reports on market analysis and on assessment of market opportunities
- Prepare Competition Analysis- (keep abreast of what competitors are doing and pricing of products and services), quarterly.
- Preparation of customer satisfaction survey Quarterly to feel the pulse of our clients (get feedback on quality of services provided)
- Provide data concerning price, size, regulations, requirements, with regard to property acquisition, development and construction for management and clients.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions and prepare report.
- Operational overview -Project plans vs. actual, milestone measurements etc
- Preparation of legal opinions on matters as they arise.
- Assisting in getting required information for Corporate Development Team
- Preparing presentations on various topics.
- Document client organization's direction, structure, business processes and requirements.
- Research client organization's industry and competitive position.
- Assist in the collection and consolidation of required information and data.
- Keep informed on the latest market trends (prices, real estate supply and demand etc)
- Undertake market and Company database research.