community laison officer, Marketing/ sales executive
Airtel nigeria ltd
July 2011 - Present Day (6 years 1 month)
Develop and maintain relationships with strategic external stakeholders, especially landlords and host communities, to the benefit of Airtel Nigeria with a view to resolving disputes and also ensure compliance to applicable regulations, contracts and monitor availability of all relevant documentationl
- Monitor and ensure adherence to internal processes, policies and service level Agreements [SLAs] guiding approvals, licenses and permits for site construction.
- Develop and maintain beneficial brand image and relationships with key officials at the second and third tiers of government with a view to deriving business benefit for Airtel Nigeria.
- Continually scan the environment, advice and recommend strategies to the Regional, Zonal Business Managers for meeting challenges posed by government at the state and local government levels.
- Manage and advice Zonal Business Managers (ZBMs) on legal issues and challenges at the state and local government level to enable opportunity recognition and access, and risk identification and mitigation
- Ensure compliance to applicable regulations, contracts and monitor availability of all relevant documentation to meet compliance requirements at the zonal and regional level.
- Handling of call log requests from Court, Police, Embassies etc • SALES /MARKETING
Drive the 3.75G dongle awareness in all corporate establishment and effectively distribution of same width and depth of the territory.
- Identify and recruit suitable dongle sales team who will drive the effective distribution of dongles and also Airtel products in the trade.
- Communicate all schemes/ product launches to dongles sales team, distributors and retailers.
- Furnish customers with point of sales [POS] materials so as to enhance brand visibility, customer retention and loyalty.
- Report to the Territory Sales Managers on non effectiveness or drop in capacity of any data Base Transceiver Station(BTS) so as to ensure immediate fix
- Provide after-sales support to data dongle customers
• Supervise distribution and optimal deployment of POS materials to the trade within the West region
- Scan environment periodically, recruit ad hoc brand personnel if need be to ensure full brand visibility in the region
- Build strategic relationship with business associates (Channel Partners), sub dealers and retailers
- Organize and deploy brand awareness activities like road shows, market storm events and sponsorship
- Report on brand management activities
- Acquire new customers during the branding events
- Manage the relationship with the Sales Team to facilitate roll out in new areas as part of the strategic orientation of the locals and ensure brand visibility in the area.
- Ensuring that the business associates and the market entirely are kept abreast of the company's new products and services.
Negotiated a N10,000 reduction on tenement rates for over 1000 BTS across the West territory (Ondo, Osun, Ekiti, Kwara, Kogi) • Sold over 100 Airtel retail payphone business lines (ARPU of N1,400) in the lagelu LGA Hon. Busari Youth Empowerment program.• Effectively co-ordinated the sponsorship and branding of Fontana international schools Ibadan inter house sports program, Airtel rising stars event at liberty stadium, Oyo state 2012 marathon race, Airtel light festival 2012