The right person for the role must possess a:
- Ensure all operations are run in a safe manner to protect people, assets, cargo and environment. Develop effective systems for managing safety, quality and environmental impact. (ISO14000, ISO 18000 etc – timings & scope TBC)
- Develop and Manage effective tank farm operations at PH, Tin Can & Ikorodu to minimize losses (<0.2%), stock variances and quality issues.
- Develop and implement tanker transport operations to support the requirements of the new PZ Wilmar Palm Oil refinery at Ikorodu at agreed service levels at optimal cost.
- Manage tanker transport operations to support soap factory at Aba and Detergents factory at Ikorodu at agreed service levels and optimal cost.
- Manage Port operations to ensure smooth customs clearance, effective berthing and discharge of cargos to ensure minimum demurrage charges, berthing charges and clearance costs.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with port authorities, regulatory agencies, ships agents, terminal operators and local communities in which we operate.
- Develop and agree Service Level Agreements and annual joint business plans with Customer SBUs and ensure delivery within agreed parameters for cost and service. This will include monthly KPI reporting.
- Develop Strong operations team to ensure continuous improvements and effective round the clock operations. Including clear roles and responsibilities, developments and succession plans.
- Work with colleagues in Materials Management, factory operations and key supplier to ensure optimization of End to End supply chain. Work with CIL / PZW to ensure shipments are effectively planned and executed.