One of the main components of the project is the Trainee-Program.
It is designed to cover a period of twelve months shared between:
· On-the-job training (operations – Field, Branch, Region and Head Office) for about three months;
· Functional information and involvement in projects – about two months;
· Project Management and responsibility – about two months;
· Special training in the functional areas where the future job is planned – about three months;
· Formal training units in the form of seminars and workshops on relevant management skills – two months and continuous after the program.
The project is seeking to recruit a trainee for the Marketing and Communication unit.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Department for Corporate Affairs, the trainee is expected to rigorously complete the full Trainee-Program and acquire the relevant certifications.
The Trainee is expected to work in close collaboration with all the operation units of LAPO MFB within the prescribed timeframe and to support project delivery in areas and functions assigned.
Target of training
Next to the intensive academic trainings on general management, inputs on LAPO culture, strategy, structure and systems as well as on-the-job project management capacity building, the focus of professional training is to serve the following future responsibilities:
· to provide a broad range of communications and marketing support to the Bank.
Focus areas of professional training
To be trained to perform the following duties and tasks:
· work collaboratively with a diverse staff team to create and manage cross-organizational, integrated marketing strategies.
· coordinate communications projects with clients and contractors for the development and production of educational event, promotional materials, web site production and other collateral.
· provide writing and editing support for all outbound communication including all promotional materials, website content, a quarterly newsletter and the Bank's annual report.
· assist in developing new revenue sources through client membership, exhibits and sponsorships.
· serve as internal liaison to all other departments and other staff resources and to deliberately build inter-linkages and synergies between all the Bank's operations and to effectively package same for both internal and external uses.
· review and edit existing promotional materials for marketing effectiveness, loaning and saving mobilization implications.
· review and establish brand guidelines, conceptualize corporate identity for the Bank that conforms with international best practices.
· systematically monitor adherence to brand guidelines and the reflection of the corporate identity in all transactions of the Bank - including dealings with clients, partners and sponsors.
· to review the communication process in line with best practices and develop appropriate bench marks as the need arises.
· ensure the day-today management of the website, including updating and ongoing monitoring
· Relate with the Managing Director on emerging and relevant issues
for appropriate communication and circulation
· to appraise subordinate promptly and objectively, and follow up on action points resulting from the appraisal
· to take responsibility for the training, coaching and mentoring of subordinates
· to co-ordinate the production of electronic internal communication
across LAPO in consultation with heads of department and units
Perform other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned by the
Managing Director and Head Corporate Affairs
· A master's degree in marketing, business, communications, or a related field is required.
Other skills and competences
· sound knowledge in best practices in communication, advertising and marketing industry - including relevant regulations.
· excellent knowledge of marketing techniques - including client and product awareness skills.
· excellent written and verbal communications.
· good organizational and planning skills
· strong personal qualities, like self-confidence and excellent inter-personal relationships.
· strategic thinking, creative, analytical and excellent presentation skills.
· ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
· resourcefulness in solving problems and attending to multiple tasks simultaneously.
· excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
· strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
· proficiency in the use of relevant IT tools
· superior professionalism and judgment
· strong work ethic, self motivation, team player and collaborative approach to work - including a commitment to knowledge sharing.
· program development and marketing
· Prior association and/or international markets experience desired but not necessary.
· Readiness and ability to accommodate flexible working hours;
· Ability to deal with discretion on sensitive issues and to respond positively to challenges
1. Experience in editing and proofreading corporate communication documents for dissemination.
2. Fully computer literate – skilled and confident user of office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail and calendar applications. Familiarity with relevant information technology, including website content management experience.
Web-design knowledge and proven ability to solve IT problems will be prioritized.
Key performance indicators
Fluency in English
Between 25 and 30 years of age
1st August 2012
Duration of program
Deadline for application
30th of July 2012
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
and copy email@example.com on or before the 30th of July 2012.
Qualified candidates will be invited. Please, no phone calls are necessary.