Senior Finance and Compliance Lead
HP Computing and Printing Nigeria Ltd
July 2015 - Present Day (1 year 8 months)
(1)Banking: Managing banking process for controllership accounts, BASIC updates, signatories, loan & registration requirements, LC queries and general banking escalations
(2) Local Legal Accounting: Manage the full sphere of local legal accounting adjustments on a monthly/annual basis and ensure full compliance with Local GAAP.
(3) Management Account Review: Monthly Management Account analysis and review for Controllership.
(4) Audit: Managing the full scale EY audit, planning, presentations, share points, sourcing all the back-up as a central point of contact and ensure timely closure and delivery of the audit deliverables. (5)Compliance Matters: Alert the controller and regional controller to compliance matters that are resulting from the lead’s analyses of the figures in terms of the local legal accounting. Ensuring statutory compliance such as monthly submission of tax returns and payments to government authorities; ensuring compliance to company policies and process and reporting/escalating non-compliance.
(6) Process Improvement: Improve the country compliance processes and design controls where needed, design from scratch new control processes to ensure that risks are minimized and where standard controls do not cover local risks, have manual controls put in place to ensure risks are minimized
(7) Process Documentations: Implementation of process documentation for all major balance sheet sections and that all standard and non-standard processes, along with country specific rules, are captured in the documentation. This will ensure that there is no personality dependent teams and that rotation and improvement is easily achieved as well documented processes save time, helps identify gaps and improves quality
(8) Records Retention: Act as local records coordinator for the local controllership records and a guide to local team coordinators where compliance gaps are identified.