Marine Operations Manager
Strickland Services Limited
January 2006 - July 2012 (6 years 7 months)
Operations Manager: Main roles and responsibilities:
1.Organizing, coordinating and supervising Marine Operations(management of Strickland Services Marine Operations Team)
2.Developing and updating Marine Policy and Procedure, reporting day to day operational issues, and generally ensuring that all team members, stakeholders and involved parties are kept abreast of relevant information.
3. Selection and management of Contractors.
4. Planning marine operations on site, including installation & subsequent maintenance.
5. Preparing Technical/Commercial bids.
6. Liaising with Client Personnel regarding the operational performance of the vessel contracts.
7. Signing and Collection of all Service Orders (contract renewals)
8.Monitoring the performance of Supplier Services provided to the vessel operations( e.g Catering), and liaising with the sub-contractor personnel to report, discuss and implement any corrective actions.
9. Liaising with the Company's Technical Marine Consultant to identify and recruit qualified Sea Staff for the vessel operations and to plan manning requirements.
10. Liaising with the Company's Technical Marine Consultant to handle disciplinary and grievance matters in the line with company policy.
11. Working closely with the QHSE Manager so as to ensure implementation and ongoing compliance with the company procedure.
12. Providing Information on Vessel activities and liaising with the Executive Director Operations to ensure that adequate stocks of key supplies are held in the warehouse to ensure the operational integrity of the vessels.
13. Carry out the duties of the DPA (Designated Person Ashore)
14. Pre-mob of vessels for spot hire contracts.
15. Maintaining an awareness of all local regulations which may affect the vessel operations in the Nigerian waterways.
16. Provision of Security Personnel (Nigerian Navy) for offshore security contracts.