Quarry Sales Engineer
Nigerian Foundries Limited
January 2004 - January 2007 (3 years 1 month)
Sales and Marketing of ware resistance components and alloy steels for Quarries, Cement and Mineral Processing Industries, Municipal castings for Drainage Systems, Waterways and Telecommunication Industries, Marine castings like Bollards and Anchor as well as Oil and Gas Industries product range, such as Sacrificial anodes for Pipelines and Oil Rigs.
Other duties include:
- Attending to customer’s complaints.
- Follow-up payment with credit customers.
- Development of strategy and decision making.
- Preparation of quotations, waybills and invoices.
- Cold calling to locate new customers/business.
- Relationship management of new and existing customers.
- Administration of customer’s order in line with ISO requirements.
- Advice customers on appropriate use of products.
- Gather and circulate intelligence on current areas of use.
- Collate demand profile for each customer.
- Develop long-term relationships with profitable customers.
- Reconcile customer’s account and ensure proper documentation.
- Provide regular updates on plans and progress.
- Ensure full payment for all supplies and services.
- Effective manage of each customer account to ensure sales targets is fully achieved.
- Co-ordinate of sales marketing activities as designed by the management.
- Co-ordination and execution of contracts to meet both the company and customer’s requirements.
- Responsible for liaising with the customers, getting new jobs, contacting new sales prospect and assessing production suitability of potential jobs.
- Responsible for notifying customer product collection/delivery date and carrying our collection/delivery functions.
- Responsible for maintaining credit status, progress-chasing payment, liaising with Finance/Account Department for credit control.
- Responsible for liaising with customer to determine stock replenishment, customer satisfaction with product, product performance, product failure/non-conformance/amendment and investigating product amendment/failure/non-conformances.
- Responsible for monitoring the stock level of General Product jobs in the finished goods store.
- Responsible for all carriage of goods outwards to the customer in a timely manner based on the condition of sales.
- Carryout all other duties assigned by the Marketing Manager and/or the General Product Sales Manager.