MATERIAL LOGISTICS AND CUSTOMS COORDINATOR
OANDO ENERGY SERVICES LTD
July 2012 - Present Day (4 years 8 months)
<• Responsible for the proper control and monitoring of ground transportation, air & sea freight shipments to the various sites, and project cargo.
• Ensure proper follow up on the outgoing shipments (operational, documentary and financially) in accordance to the warehouse, production sites and transporters:
• Selection of transporters in agreement with the management, and the planning and organization of the shipments, instructing the shipping agencies, transporters etc
• Liaising with and offer services to other supporting departments (Technical, Procurement, Warehouse department) and the internal clients.
• Serve as a point of contact for queries concerning customs service from agencies and/or colleagues.
• Develop and Executes logistics and freight plans to support business and operational needs based on requirements stated in the business plans and budgets of Oando Energy Services.
• Coordinating imports/exports of cargo with agents and local authorities
• Collate all shipping related documents and invoices and ensure efficient document management and control
• Preparation of reports which includes weekly report, Monthly performance reports, to enhance qualitative business decision.
• Makes useful recommendations for cost savings for more efficient and effective delivery methods and also manage the delivery process to minimize additional costs (i.e. demurrage).
• Prepare budget and ensure cost monitoring of all company Inbound logistics operations.
• Manage all import documentations processes and coordinate customs clearance procedures to ensure prompt on time delivery and ensure that trade compliant policy is followed strictly.
• Interfacing with all logistics vendors/ suppliers, Nigerian customs service, SON, NAFDAC etc.
• Works to effectively remove any obstacles to ensure optimal delivery of services to the highest standards thereby achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Optimize the activities of third party service providers and evaluate and appraise their performance.
• Liaise with Finance dept and local banks on opening of form M /LCs for imports and payment of clearing fees and duties and collection of necessary paperwork for import/export.
• Ensures Container deposit refunds are remitted in cases where the company makes financial commitment.
• Ensure proper data and document management and control for statistics reasons, also verifies custom clearing agents bills as well as other bills that may be presented by other stakeholders including shipping companies, terminal operators etc.
• Produces/provides periodic updates and required management reports covering service order delivery and Custom clearing and shipping costs