MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE ENGINEER.
PAN OCEAN OIL CORPORATION, NIGERIA
July 2010 - Present Day (6 years 9 months)
- Installation and maintenance of rotating equipment like Cat engines G3616, G3516, Waukesha engines VHP series four, L7044GSI, reciprocating compressors (superior WH 66, WG 74), screw compressors, pumps (centrifugal, reciprocating, gear,) diesel fire pump, electric fire and jockey pumps, fin fans coolers, solar gas turbine.
- Supervise, coordinate, and participate in the preventive, corrective and troubleshooting maintenance activities in the plant.
- Participate in the planning, scheduling and execution of shutdown and major overhaul maintenance activities.
- Ensure that shut down maintenance jobs are carried out with in the scheduled time frame.
- Comply with company health, safety and environment management system.
- Conduct toolbox meetings for mechanical staff and contractor, complete permit to work before starting any job.
- Knowledge of design of oil and gas equipment, industrial codes and standards like (API, ISO, NFPA, ASME and ANSI)
- Reading of piping and instumentation drawings (P& ID)
- Knowledge of standards and specifications related to design, fabrication, inspection and testing of mechanical equipment.
- Evaluate equipment performanance problems and suggest modification/ available new technology to reduce overall maintenance cost.
- Direct the performance condition monitoring of rotating equipment and advise on the maintenance schedule based on the analysis.
- Carryout precommissoning checks,start-up and commissioning of all rotating equipment.
- Monitor all running equipment parameters and carryout calibration of set points where necessary.
- Prepare the list of spares, tools and other materials required for the maintenance jobs and issue the purchase/ material requisition for the section head to approve.
- Track all mechanical equipment parts used and conduct weekly fluid inventory.
- Participate in budget preparation and cost control.
- Formulate, plan and monitor the implementation of comprehensive engineering and maintenance strategies, techniques and plans.