Campus store Manager
American university of Nigeria Yola
August 2005 - Present Day (11 years 8 months)
Responsible for the procurement of general merchandise (GM) for resale.
- Maintains inventory control for all general merchandise departments.
- Conducts research on new or required items for resale through research and tradeshows.
- Controls GM receipt, inventory and pricing.
- Monitors sales figures and margins for each department to ensure budget targets are met.
- Manages the general merchandise component of the Bookstore Website.
- Informs and updates Bookstore staff on all aspects of the GM Department.
Marketing and administration of Bookstore operations
- Prepares for and completes yearly inventory.
- Purchase supplies and equipment to maintain daily operations.
- Develops and implements marketing plan for academic cycle.
- Evaluate marketing plan effectiveness on an event or annual basis.
- Directs the store layout and design for merchandising of products/services.
- Good working knowledge of Bookstore computer management systems.
- Maintains GM data base.
- Resolves problems related to the operation of the Point of Sale (POS) system