1. Facilitate the coordination of all Strategic Information activities as the prime to include data collection, reporting and analysis and strengthen the capacity of local, federal and GoN institutions
a. Timely program-level reporting by local partner organizations to USG, GoN and project central team on progress and achievements. With HMIS support from Futures Group and local transitioned sub-awardees CCFN and CCRN, each service delivery facility (SDF) compiles reports for local USG and GoN NNRIMS monthly indicators, Quarterly Reports, and the O/GAC semi-annual and annual progress reports. The main objective is to ensure that each local partner is empowered to compile these reports independently without additional technical assistance
b. Ensure monthly, accurate monitoring reports from all SDFs and local partners on all required indicators consistent with national policies and USG requirements
c. Conduct semi-annual site visits/reviews to ensure data quality and validity in coordination with the prime; trip report provided to prime (CHAN-CHARIS) after each visit.
2. Implement data quality control/assurance by conducting annual and standardized data quality assessments
a. Comprehensive data quality assessments/audits (DQA) shall be conducted at least annually at all SDFs. Comprehensive DQA report provided to the prime with recommendations for improved data quality.
3. Develop, support and disseminate best practices, improved tools and M&E models to support program evaluation, assessing programmatic impact and interventions. Collaborate with national agencies and local donor representatives to ensure a useful and manageable minimum data set is collected by local partners.
a. Adaptation of PMM tools/health information systems based on lessons learned from implementation at local partner facilities and community organizations and requirements from GoN and USG.
b. Coordinate the printing and distribution of MOH forms and Registers.
4. Provide Technical Assistance and building capacity in Data Demand and Information Use (DDIU) at the facility and program level in collaboration with GoN institutions
a. Develop reports and analyses (qualitative and quantitative) which target specific programmatic areas and populations which support program implementation and monitoring
b. Implement analyses that will support the reduction of lost to follow up and other attrition related indicators
c. Provide monthly analysis of progress to central project management team
d. Promote data use for quality improvement through feedback, training and capacity building activities at both health facility and community levels. Staff capacities will be developed to enable local partners analyze and interpret generated data on overall program quality, service pick-up and retention trends and the likely causes of patient drop-out to facilitate evidence based decision making.
e. Conduct one (1) central training in data analysis and DDIU for the Facilities to strengthen their capacity to use data for decision making.
5. Represent CHARIS at SI TWGs (USG and GoN) and actively participate in decision making processes at these TWGs
6. Provide technical assistance to Enugu and Ebonyi State AIDS Control programs and agencies on strategic information as assigned USG Lead Implementing Partner (LIP)
a. CHAN-CHARIS, in collaboration with the respective State agencies, will continue facilitation of semi-annual meetings in Enugu and Ebonyi States
b. CHAN-CHARIS will continue strengthening the State agencies in collation, validation and submission of required reports to the national level.
7. In coordination with the prime, implement the Site Capacity Assessment tool on an annual basis to determine gaps in SDF capacity. Develop action plans to target SDF capacity gaps. Monitor action plans. Maintain the SCA dashboard to review SDF capacity levels across both component and functional areas.
a. Actively participate in the SCA at each SDFs as identified by the prime. Upload the finalized SCAs into the dashboard and coordinate the presentation of findings to the central management team. Participate in the action plan development for SI.
b. Maintain the SCA dashboard and ensure access to the dashboard.
Collects, analyzes, interprets, and summarizes data in preparation for generation of reports as well as merge, modifies and edit data files as needed for analysis or use as sampling database and tracking of relevant data.