Acting Manager, Monitoring & Evaluation/Knowledge Management
Civil Society for HIV/AIDS in Nigeria.
September 2007 - (более 50 лет)
My duties and responsibilities viz;
To provide overall M&E coordination for CiSHAN projects at all levels.
To build relevant M&E systems and structures for CiSHAN Network at all levels involving community and facility CSOs.
- To plan, design and develop training curricular for building and strengthening capacities of about 3,000 CiSHAN Network membership spread across 36 states and FCT.
- Data Collection, storage and management including RDQA.
- Presents progress update on project performance to the management of CiSHAN, CCM Nigeria, Donors, Government agents and other stake holders/decision makers.
- To provide professional/technical guidance for developing and strengthening CSO Networks’.
- To perform or execute any other responsibilities as I may be delegated or required.
The following among others were successfully achieved during my stewardship in CiSHAN;
- Development and review of CiSHAN’s M&E plan for Global Fund, IHA and World Bank projects.
- Preparation of periodic Work-plan & budget for M&E activities including progress updates.
- Monitored, supported and ensured the provision of quality care and support services to PLWHIV and VCs at service delivery points.
- Identified bottlenecks on various projects, proffered timely solutions and documented best practices, adapted them and developed new strategies for achieving set targets.
- Co-planned and conducted valuable research/evaluation studies i.e. Surveys, Baseline, Mid-term and End-line evaluations of Global Fund projects/programmes in Nigeria.
- I actively participated in the development of research protocols for GF project in Nigeria.
- Developed several curricular and budgets for M&E activities and, also coordinated and facilitated several trainings/workshop activities for building and strengthening capacities of CSOs on various areas of M&E and related programme areas.
- Constantly reviewed and updated CiSHAN’s M&E tools and aligned them into national SoPs.
- To achieve data integrity and precision, I designed new MIS tools (inter-linking templates), for accurate capturing and timely reporting on program indicators.
- I co-developed and co-reviewed the Nigerian national and Global Fund R9 project indicators.
- Coordinated the processes of mentoring CBOs to develop M&E plan, M&E Work plan & Budget, Data base Management, Report writing, Proposal development resource mobilization.
- Lead the project team to provide technical assistance to CBOs and SRs for implementation and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data tracking and reporting.
- I lead the processes of project assessment/evaluation, design and review to meet donor and national requirement and standard.
- I supervised the storage and management of all data on CiSHAN’s programmes and projects.
- I adequately supervised and tracked the processes of recording and documentation of vital project details and activities at both community and facility levels, and for SRs and SSRs.
- I ensured accurate and timely data collation by M&E officers, for data quality check and control.
- I am conversant with the Nigerian National, PEPFAR, IHA, USAID, Global Fund and World Bank programme level indicators in relation to HIV&AIDS and reproductive health ie Prevention, Care & Support for PLWHIV, VC, HSS and CSS etc.
- I supported and mentored staff of CBOs and health care facilities at national, state and local levels to set-up and use monitoring and reporting system (MRS), as standard of reporting.
- I lead the processes of strengthening capacities of M&E officers of CBOs and states, SSRs and SRs on management and maintenance of M&E database, project and quality reporting.
- I regularly undertake other responsibilities as directed by the management from time to time.
- Working with CiSHAN, offered me the opportunity to join the Global M&E Community for HIV and Reproductive health indicator reviewers and this helped me to align CiSHAN’s outcome and output indicators to meet global programming focus and needs.