Head, Regional Switch Operations
Starcomms Nig Lyd
November 2003 - June 2009 (5 years 8 months)
- Planned, organized, and managed the processes for switch maintenance and fixed network maintenance.
- Provided technical advisory help for switch maintenance and implementation to include fixed network maintenance, and implementation.
- Monitored specific switch limitations to maximize system capacity and efficiency for the region.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of equipment to achieve efficiency, productivity, and quality while minimizing capital expenditures.
- Managed several core network, transmission and field related projects.
- Implemented and monitored switch translations and facility integration to provide timely and effective use of equipment while complying to time-lines set forth by other departments.
- Provide technical support to upper management and subordinates on procedures, standards, and capacity requirements to maintain the integrity of the MSC and fixed network.
- Evaluated, assigned, counselled, trained, and schedule subordinates to achieve high productivity, build professional confidence, and reward for outstanding performance.
- Brought up new cell sites and new subsystems by writing and running configuration scripts.
- Integration of new network nodes. Call analysis, number analysis and Route analysis.
- Monitored and managed the entire network, including working with field engineers to resolve both BTS and transmission faults.
- Monitored alarms on networks nodes and worked with the concerned parties for the resolution of faults.
- Worked with equipment vendors in the installation and commissioning of equipment. Configuration of BTS, BSC and the MSC.
- Backed up core equipment database.
- Constantly developed procedures that reduce downtime and enhance network performance.
- Used M2000 Integrated Management system for Network Performance Management. Measurement task configuration. Prepared and constantly updated documentations on network elements, equipment and configurations.