Data Operations Manager
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
February 2006 - Present Day (11 years 1 month)
- Involved in the Design & implementation of Network sites i.e WAN, LAN, Wired & Wireless. Ensuring that the sun Solaris housing the automation software is up and running with minimal downtime of data should there be any breakdown.
- Set up a personal computer system, including the Operating system, peripheral devices and interface cards,
- Plan and install a small network and connect it to the internet.
- Verify and troubleshoot network and internet connectivity.
- Recognise and mitigate security threats to a home network.
- Configure and certify common internet applications.
- Configure basic IP services through a GUI.
- Proper disaster recovery procedures and perform server back ups.
- Monitor Network performance and isolate failures.
- Troubleshoot problem using an organised layered procedure.
- Procurement, maintenance & Troubleshooting of PC, Installation of OS. Providing basic & Technical Support.
- Training of support staffs