FIELD TRIP COORDINATOR
UNIVERSITY OF UYO
May 2012 - May 2012 (1 month)
UNIVERSITY OF UYO,UYO.NIGERIA
FIELD TRIP ON GEOPHYSICAL EXPLORATION AT CREEK TOWN ODUKPANI L.G.A OF CROSSRIVER STATE, NIGERIA.
EXPLORATION AT CREEK TOWN ON;
- Use of Seismograph and Geophones for seismic refraction to acquire Data in determining velocity and depth of materials.
- Use of Twelve (12) channels 4000 ABEM Terrameter for Vertical Electrical Sounding VES to acquire Data in determining Earth Resistance and to calculate Apparent Resistivity of the metalliferous mineral deposit and buried conductors.
- Use of Proton Magnetometer for Magnetic survey to acquired Data for the investigation of variations in the Earth Magnetic Field.
- Use of Global Positioning System GPS to determine Elevation, latitude and longitude for a given geophysical locations.
- Determination of Ground Water using Electrical resistivity methods
- Uses of Self Potential and Induced Polarization
- Impact of Globalization on Research
- Interpretation of Sedimentary thickness, fault and intrusive using magnetic method
- Identification of Various Types of Geological Maps and their Applications
- The interpretation of Magnetic Data for Sedimentary Thickness and Fault.
Up hole Seismics Refraction Survey for low velocity layer determination.
A case study of unyene mbo L.G.A,Akwa I bom State.