Operations / Control Room Supervisor
BG Exploration and Production Nigerian Limited
June 2006 - June 2012 (6 years 1 month)
General Security Operations
- Daily Patrol of BGN locations to Supervise Guard Operational duties.
- Follow and log daily BGN security operations nationwide
- Induct and brief new staff on BGN security policies and procedures
- Sign off the induction forms, produce and issue access ID cards to new staff indicating the required access levels
- Disseminate vital security information to the entire staff using the Bulk SMS system
- Provide crisis management support to the security coordinator
- Ensure that Control Room staff and processes provide the security department with the highest standard of 24/7 coordination
- Act as radio operator and CR computer operator
- Take local, national and international travel information and distil into drivers & escort daily details
- Manage escort operations and escort commanders duty functions.
- Ensure that the correct CR communications equipment and software is installed, managed and maintained properly
- Ensure that the control processes (such as log books, records, maps, files, databases and archives) are maintained to the BGN National CR template
- Supervise surveillance operations (CCTV, alarms & Access Control)
- Ensure that all CRs are secure, restricted, neat, clean and present a professional image
Threat Information Management
- Ensure that threat/vulnerability information (according to BGN guidelines) is collected, collated, analyzed and reported in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that the management of such information enhances BGN’s operational security and is done in a way that is transparent, legal and acceptable to the national security institutions.
Capital Equipment Husbandry
- Ensure that all fixed and mobile communications equipment is managed and maintained according to BGN directives
- Ensure that all capital equipment received by the region is properly received, recorded, stored, secured, issued and maintained. This process must be fully accountable and will be regularly audited by the security advisor.
- From time to time deliver on-going training for CR staff and other security staff as directed by Security Advisor
Management and Supervisory Complexity:
- Supervise the security Control Room teams (staff and sub-contractors) in such a way as to build competencies, esprit de corps and loyalty.
- Work in effective cooperation with professional colleagues, the other BGN units and departments
- Ensure all security team members conform to standard working procedures