Quality Control Seismologist
BGP/CNPC International (Nig.) Limited
December 2001 - September 2004 (2 years 10 months)
- Quality Control: Detailed and thorough checking of Survey, Drilling and Recording activities to make sure they are in accordance with Client’s specifications
- Uphole Logging Evaluation: Logging of a hole that is drilled to a depth of 63m or 66m (60m is guarantee for logging) to determine (i) weathered layer velocity (ii) thickness of weathered layer (iii) velocity of sub- weathered layer (iv) thickness of sub-weathered layer (v) velocity of consolidated layer
- Monitor geophone and cable tests to ensure that they meet contractual standards and that a rotational schedule of maintenance is being observed. Keep records of all QC data.
- Ensure that all field data acquisition parameters are strictly adhered to and check observer's reports for accuracy and legibility.
- Monitor survey methods to ensure that line positioning is within required accuracies and in agreement with programmed pre-plot locations.
- Ensure that receiver arrays are accurately laid out and geophones are firmly planted and well buried.
- Make recommendations in respect of smooth curve, modified smooth curve and offset.
- Ensure that Upholes are registered according to COMPANY specifications
- Monitor line clearance work to ensure that all crew personnel have safe access to the seismic lines and that acceptable clearance lead is maintained.
- Participate in periodic safety meetings with Seismic personnel.
- Ensure that all working practices are environmentally acceptable.