QC Painting and material Inspector
Saipem Contracting Nigeria Ltd
November 2010 - August 2012 (1 year 10 months)
- Visual Receiving Inspection of all Piping, Mechanical, Valves, Electrical and Civil Material as per purchase order/packing list/Delivery Note/shipping Documents.
- Joint Visual Inspection of all received Piping, Mechanical, Valves & structural material with client.
- Maintaining up to date records of Discrepancy Report (DR) & Non Conformance Report (NCR).
- Inspection of welding material (Electrode, Filler Wire) Backing of Low Hydrogen Electrode.
- Implementation of Material Colour Coding system as per project Specification & Requirement.
- Conducting Inspection/Verification and monitoring of procured material at receiving warehouse and for direct delivery at job site. This includes verification of material discrepancy against purchase order, material data sheet, marking & identification and if there is any damage/ shortage.
- Responsible for controlling Store activities such as Receiving, Issuing, Inspection and preserving all Materials as per Safety data sheet (MSDS) & Quality Management Procedure (QMP).
- Preparation of Material Receiving Inspection Report (MRIR).
- Quarantine of material without certificate.
- Monitoring and control of waste, surplus and returns goods.
- Preparation of material reconciliation report for clients.
- Preparation of damage and overage report
- Routine inspection of storage tanks, pipelines, offshore facilities etc., for corrosion and other defects.
- Inspection and follow-up of general maintenance of storage tanks.
- Conducting the final inspection report of coatings, DFT, Holiday Testing,
Adhesion Testing etc. to ensure the quality of the applied coating and recording it.
- Analyzing the coating failure to find out the cause and carried out the appropriate remedy.
- Selecting and inspecting the paint and insulating material as per the project specification.
- Making sure that the coating material is applied according to the specification and current manufacturer’s instruction.
- Inspection of paint and the storage condition when supply.
- Inspection of abrasive blasting cleanliness level, anchor profile etc. and comparing with the standards as per the specification requirements.
- Selecting the paint materials by considering the substrate environments, service etc.
- Preparation of NCR and correction report
- Preparation of deviation request report for client approval
- Preparation of daily, weekly progress report and work completion report