Head of Pharmacy Department
ECWA HOSPITAL EGBE KOGI STATE
December 2011 - March 2013 (1 year 4 months)
- Develop, recommend and implement plans for effective administration of Pharmaceutical care services.
- Advice the Medical Director in all Pharmaceutical matters, supervice and control all affected sections under the department, monitoring procedures and practices to ensure conformity with established standards.
- Dispense prescriptions to in-patients and out-patients, keep prescription records while monitoring pre-packaging and labeling of medications.
- Provide technical Pharmaceutical information and advice to professional staff of the hospital.
- Ensures patient counseling is done and given necessary drug information to ensure patient compliance and effective utilization of drugs.
- Working in association with Hygiea and NACA to provide proper counseling of patients on anti-retroviral and also new clients and ensuring prompt and adequate supply of their drugs. Preparation of monthly reports on drug distribution and use.
- Supervising the entire staff including 7 Pharmacist assistants, conducting interviews for new staff, training and orientation programs.
- Preparing and supervising the preparation of liquid medicines, filling of nurses/staff requisitions and other dilutions.
- Keep track of drug cost, recommending alterations in drug prices and respond to queries regarding drug availability, dosage indication and compatibility.
- Handle stock and order supplies of drug and maintain inventory of Pharmaceuticals keeping relevant documents.