· Daily plant monitoring with emphasis on quality deviations
· Evaluating feasibility of modifications using the Management of Change (MOC) procedure
· Review of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Line Lists, etc to incorporate changes and modifications
· Failure and shutdowns analyses and preparation of Failure Analysis Report (FAR)
· Evaluate process and operation improvements using process simulators like HYSYS, ProSim, PRO II
· Participation in HAZOP studies with other Discipline Engineers
· Monitoring of plant effluents and emissions to ensure compliance with HSE objectives
· Assisting the Project Cell in the coordination and preparation of process inputs, including design criteria, procedures and scope of work
· Optimization of cooling water utilization using hydraulic simulator (Pipenet)
· Monitoring compliance of standard operating procedures (SOPs), filling of relevant checklists, and emergency-handling preparedness
· Contribute to the development of plans, schedules and estimates for individual workscope and integrated plan
· Participate in the planning of schedules for Preventive Maintenance of critical equipment
· Technical writing activities; generation of operational reports on plant performance, achieved goals, production losses and forecasts
· Ensuring that all engineering jobs conform to agreed codes, practices and procedures
· Monitoring of catalyst bed loading/unloading and catalyst performance activities
· Process optimization throughout Project Life Cycle
· Daily monitoring of process equipment within area of operation
· Use of outside checklists to monitor and troubleshoot problems pertaining to operations
· Filling-in other areas of the operations as demanded by Plant Head due to manpower requirements
· Planning of schedules for maintenance activities of rotating equipment
· Carrying out flue gas analysis using the Orsat apparatus to monitor Reformer performance
· Preparation of monthly operational reports
· Responsible for the front-end engineering design (FEED) of refinery units and unit operations including crude/vacuum distillation, Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) and light ends processing. Independently conducts technical and economic studies, and prepares process designs and specifications of onsite, offsite, and utility systems.
· Develop heat and material balances, Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), system design parameters, and design or rating of equipment such as vessels, towers, exchangers, pumps, etc.
· Performed specialized operation like regeneration of catalysts and decoking of heater tubes.
· Versed in pipeline sizing and hydraulics
· Developing sound concept engineering designs against a backdrop of uncertainty/changing parameters, creating operating envelopes, evaluations of various concepts.
· Supported Operations to monitor and assess refinery performance.
· Reviewed and optimized the various design cases, participated in the HAZOP and IPF (Instrumented Protective Function) exercises.
· Attend review meetings with Engineering Contractors; Process Licensors and relevant Equipment Vendors (Nuovo Pignone) in order to clarify any arising operational issues and to ensure any potential obstacles are overcome so as to avoid any delays to the Project Schedule.
· Participated in the HAZOP Team and ensured that all local and national safety regulations have been adopted and the plants are safe operated.
· Participated in plant pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities using existing operational experience to avoid delays in performance test
· Participated in the regeneration of the CRU catalyst
· Worked in CDU/VDU, Catalytic Cracking and HF Alkylation, Naphtha Hydrotreater, Catalytic Reforming and Gas Fractionating Units
· Turnaround Maintenance activities scheduling
· Skilled to check the conformity of equipment against project documentation as P&ID, isometrics, specification data sheet and other various drawings. Performed also preparatory works such as internal inspection and filling of process vessels, testing instruments and process equipment functionality, handling trials for heat exchangers, heaters, molecular sieve dryers, distillation columns, reactors, pumps, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, steam turbines.
· Duties included providing technical service to the operating personnel in the resolution of day-to-day problems, optimizing the plant operation and conducting feasibility studies to enhance the plant operation and performance.
· Responsibilities also included process design for long-term projects and the preparation of design packages for plant modifications. Specifically, I was assigned to the following areas within the refinery: Crude Topping Unit – Naphtha Hydrotreating Unit - Catalytic Reforming Unit