Strategic Sourcing Officer/Team Lead (reported to GM Procurement)
MTN Nigeria Communications Limited
January 2002 - April 2010 (8 years 4 months)
Led the team of 8 buyers in strategic sourcing for the procurement of capital and non-capital items including telecoms, core-network, hardware, multimedia; negotiating contract agreements - prices, delivery and payment terms: ensuring adherence to company procedures, financial authorities and budget constraints
Negotiated major contract agreement with MTNN Tier 1 suppliers driving an annual savings of $32.7M
- Participated actively in formulating MTN Nigeria policies and procedures for centralized procurement
- Sustained and developed a robust and responsive supply base that provides the needs of the business requirement
- Acted as Procurement Manager whenever required, approving budget spend internally and external POs of between 2 million dollars and above
- Consistently achieved a minimum of 10% cost savings for the company by buying right through material research and negotiation.
- Participated and contributed constructively in the MTN Nigeria weekly roll out implementation reviews for effective project monitoring and reporting
- Participated in knowledge-based activity concerned with the total cost of ownership rather than the price paid per item with the optional mix of relationships to provide competitive advantage.