· Monitoring data management to keep accurate product, contract, pricing and invoicing information
· Working closely with suppliers and customers to improve operations and reduce cost
· Ensuring the personal safety and safe working environment of staff
· Communicating needs and objectives to managers and key personnel in procurement logistics and distribution
· Negotiating and managing contracts to reduce cost and achieve maximum efficiency
· Proving accurate routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated
· Accurately calculating total supply chain costs in relation to proposed new project
· Obtaining quotes for transportation and also making cost comparisons
Leading and managing quality audit inspections of purchasing and supply services, in compliance to Incoterms, import and export standard and practices, thereby protecting company’s business and brand from internal/external risk and procedural exposures
· Selecting, monitoring and supervising the best contractors to handle major repair, construction and supplies for the organisation from the point of proposal checks to the end of the contract; ensuring adequate compliance with, government, organisation, building and work environment legislation.
· Conducting routine building and asset maintenance checks with strict adherence to laid down health and safety standards and legal requirements of the company as well as the environment.
· Adequate monitoring and evaluation of vehicles’ maintenance, servicing and repair functions to identify needs and determine financial effectiveness and operational efficiency; participate in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and programs to enhance financial effectiveness and operational efficiency of assigned functions.
Continuous training given to all staff on need to protect organisation assets and properties ensuring that there is optimum utilization of equipments in other to reduce cost and increase value e.g. Fire preventions, interventions and evacuation trainings.