PRIME LEASING WEST AFRICA LIMITED
November 2010 - Present Day (6 years 7 months)
- Carry out all activities related to contracts such as drafting, preparation, finalization, negotiation and execution.
- Finalize subcontracts, agency, consultants, sponsorships, joint venture contracts, consortium, bidding, MOU and other types and forms of agreements.
- Discuss the terms with the Supervisor and negotiate terms if required with the various agencies representing the above.
- Review and comment on contract terms and conditions at proposal stage.
- Review contract with the client prior to its execution.
- Identify areas of requiring resolution, generate contract review statement and forward the same to the client.
- Undertake contract review with project team on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain a database of all correspondences between the client and Prime Leasing and advise the Project Director on the consequence if any Carry out a risk assessment of contracts and co-ordinate and ensure that adequate insurance covers and other mitigation measures are in place.
- Assist, evaluate and advise project managers on contract conflicts and claims with clients and subcontractors. Initiate and prepare variations and claims to be forwarded to the clients in consultation with project team.
- Evaluate and prepare defense, negotiate and resolve company claims as and when required.
- Verify claims and counterclaims from the legal perspective, study and defend the claims made by subcontractors in coordination with the discipline engineers.
- As may be required for certain projects supervise and direct cost control and invoicing on regular basis. Also, supervise and direct contract engineers and administrative functions.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to HSE and Quality System procedures.
- Generate daily and monthly reports on the status of the contracts and variations if any, escalate to the project manager for corrective action.
- Carry out regular evaluation of the sub contractors and provide feedback on their performance and areas for improvement.
- Support in claims settlement, dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration proceedings.
- Implementation and adherence to HSE and Quality System procedures and plans
- Carry out any other duties as required by the reporting supervisor