1. Processing of purchase requisitions of Departments/Faculties.
2. Registration of contractors.
3. Conducting of market survey.
4. Analysis, selection and appraisal of suppliers.
5. Collection and selection of quotations.
6. Purchase all of materials, equipment and services required by the university,s departments/faculties.
7. Raising and issuing of Local Purchase Order (LPO).
8. Expedition and follow-up of order for prompt delivery.
9. Developing and maintaining of accurate current information on sources of supply.
10. Maintenance of purchase and progress expenditure records.
11. Preparation of monthly/yearly summary of purchases.
12. Member of University’s tender board/Due process Committee.
13. Liaising with the user departments to ensure proper specifications for materials and equipment are made.
14. Processing and ensuring that payments are made promptly for job done.
15. Retirement of Advances, and
16. Any other duty assigned by the Bursar/university’s authority.