ROMSON OILFIELD SERVICES/ANTICOR SCOMIE
August 2002 - May 2010 (7 years 10 months)
- Formulating, selecting, injecting and optimizing specialty oilfield chemicals: Demulsifiers, Biocides, Pour Point Depressants, Drag Reducers, Emulsion Breakers, Water Clarifiers, Spill Dispersants, Oxygen Scavengers and Wax/Scale/Corrosion Inhibitors; designing piping and instrumentation network for chemical injection systems.
- Daily monitoring of oil and water processing facilities (e.g. Coalescers, Separators, Skimmers, Flow-lines, Splitters and Wemcos) to ensure optimum chemical treatment. Sampling crude oil and produce water to determination the basic sediment and water (BS&W) content in settling, storage and emulsion tanks, monitoring and optimization of chemical injection rates to ensure good crude oil dehydration and pour point results.
- Surveying for corrosion, routine checks for sulphate reducing bacteria (SRB) in water storage tanks and closed drain vessels, biocide injections and optimization at offshore production platform stations, pour point depressant injection on condensate at production platform station to meet pour point specifications and pig launching and retrieval to clean active production pipelines.
- Routine analysis to determine API, specific gravity, flash point and sulphur/H2S content of crude oil, analyzing system flow dynamics and injecting Drag Reducing Additives to reduce high pipeline pressure and increase pipeline flow.
- Monitoring the quality of water injected to different oil wells and preventing the
corrosion of pipes through the injection of different chemicals and the following analyses
Sulphate Reducing Bacteria and General Aerobic Bacteria Test.