Assistant Safety Manager
Nigerian Bottling Company
August 2013 - December 2015 (2 years 5 months)
1. Conducting of safety training, safety briefing/ toolbox talks, awareness and safety
2. Assist in creating safe work procedures, SOP, and leading the organization toward international standards and requirement such as ISO standards and OHSAS 18001 requirements
3. Hazard identification, risk assessment and assist in determining of controls for plant operations including Contractors work on-site.
4. Enforcement of compliance to safety standards in order to prevent incidents.
5. Conduction of checks and inspection on all plant safety items and equipment.
6. Safety supervision of contractor’s construction sites
6. Conduct regular inspections and monitoring of the premises; safety inspection of equipment including machine safeguarding, portable electrical devices etc.
7. Monitor and inspection of fire infra facilities and ensure reliability in event of fire emergency with routine drills to test emergency preparedness for all likely emergency scenarios
8. Maintenance of first aid facilities and conduct routine inspection of first aid kits and facilities to ensure that first aid boxes and replaceable kits are up to date, available and accessible
9. Assist in of investigations on all incidents to identify root causes and recommend action to prevent re-occurrence
10. Enforcement of PPE compliance on site